To register on Ringing Remembers, go to the Registration Page. You will first need to complete the Captcha test (which checks you aren’t a robot). Then choose from one of the options:
- New Ringer: Choose this if you are new to ringing, want to learn, and do not know where to go. We will try to find a suitable tower for you to learn at.
- Already Learning: Choose this if you have started lessons recently, and already have a tower to ring at.
- Returning Ringer: Choose this is you learned to ring way back in the past, and have been inspired by this campaign to take it up again.
You will then be asked to enter some personal details:
- Email Address – this must be a valid address, as you will be sent a link to set your password. It must also be unique on our system. Read this page for more details. You will be sent a link to set your password when registered – if you don’t receive the email, please check your spam folder and settings.
- User Name – you will need this to log in to the system. This may be visible to other users, so ideally should be something anonymous. It must also be unique on the system – also note that it cannot subsequently be changed!
- Postal Address – we need this so we can contact you, and find a suitable tower to ring at. If you don’t want to give your full address, at least enter your town and county.
- Post Code – we also need this so we find a suitable tower for you to ring at. Please enter at least the ‘Outer’ code (e.g. S41).
- Country – please be aware that there are very few ringing towers outside the UK.
- Phone Number – if you can provide this it can be useful as a direct means of contact.
- Learning At/Ringing At – please enter the tower you are learning or ringing at (if shown)
- Tutor/Tower Contact – please enter the name of your tutor or tower contact (if shown)
- How did you hear about Ringing Remembers? and What inspired or motivated you to take part? – If you can provide this we (and the Big Ideas Company) would really appreciate it.
- Date of Birth – please enter if under 18 years of age, otherwise check the ‘I am 18 or over’ box
- I give consent … – to register on the site you must allow us to pass on your details to your local ringing societies, as they will be handed the job of finding a suitable tower to ring at, or verifying that you are who you say you are. We may also pass on your details to the the Association of Ringing Teachers if necessary. As part of our agreement with the Big Ideas Company, we will also be passing them your name and email address (along with How did you hear about Ringing Remembers? and What inspired or motivated you to take part?), so you can receive their newsletter. If you are 12 years old or under you must ask for your parent/guardian’s permission to register (we will be making additional background checks via the local ringing society to verify your supplied information).
Once you have registered successfully you will be sent an email welcoming you to Ringing Remembers. Click on the link to set your password. You will then be able to amend your personal data.